Turmeric is a spice which is commonly used in everyday life in cooking, adding turmeric in cooking gives it a texture golden color and gives a sharp and delicious taste to the recipe. Using Turmeric as a spice and for taste in cooking, Turmeric also contributes many benefits to our health as Turmeric contains antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anticarcinogenic, antimutagenic and anti-inflammatory properties and many health nutrients which includes dietary fiber, protein, niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, sodium, calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, iron and zinc.
All these factors makes the Turmeric mostly used to treat various health related problems, in fact Turmeric is traditional medicine used to treat various health problems. There are various Turmeric Health Benefits in which we use Turmeric to treat various health related problems and conditions so below we have list of few Turmeric Health Benefits.
Table of Contents
Turmeric Health Benefits
- Cancer: Turmeric helps to treat Cancer as using turmeric slows down and stops the growth of existing prostate cancer as well as it can destroy cancer cells.
- Arthritis: Due to presence of anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric, turmeric becomes a best remedy to treat osteoarthritis and rheumatoid type of arthritis. Turmeric also helps to destroy the free radicals in the body which would otherwise have damaged the body cells due to presence of antioxidant property.
- Diabetes: Turmeric is best remedy to treat and control diabetes as turmeric helps to supply average amount of insulin levels as well as it boosts glucose control and increases the effectiveness of the medicines used to treat diabetes.
- Boosts Immunity: Due to presence of lipopolysaccharide substance in the Turmeric, it helps to boost the immune system as well as its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal agents also contributes to boost the immune system which results in reducing the risks of suffering from various sickness like flu, cold, cough etc. To get instant relief or to feel better from cold, flu or cough mix one teaspoon of turmeric in a glass on warm milk and drink it.
- Manages Cholesterol Levels: Usage of turmeric in daily cooking can help to control and reduce the cholesterol levels. As Turmeric controls the cholesterol levels it reduces the risk of causing cardiovascular diseases.
- Wounds: From traditional times Turmeric is been used as first aid to treat wounds and to get the wounds healed fast. As Turmeric contains natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties it helps to heal the wounds and therefore it is used as first aid for wounds like burns or cut. Take a pinch of Turmeric and sprinkle it on the wound it will boost the healing process as well as it can help to repair the damaged skin.
- Manages Weight: Turmeric helps to manage weight those who are overweight and looking for best solution to lose weight you will have to consume one teaspoon of turmeric with every meal.
- Digestion: Consumption of Turmeric can improve digestion as well as reduces symptoms of gas and bloating. You should also be aware that those who are suffering from gallbladder disease should not consume turmeric as it may worsen the situation.