Toothache is one of the worst pain which anyone could bear, Toothache can be caused due to various tooth related problems like infection, decay, cavities, exposed tooth root, gum disease, loose filling, jaw joint disorder or cracked tooth. If you don’t get a proper dental treatment on time Toothache could start troubling most the time mostly during sleeping, it could make your sleeping a horrible nightmare. Toothache pain could even cause sharp pain in ear, fever, headache and pain while opening mouth. It is highly recommended to consult a dentist if you are facing Toothache before it becomes worse, and if you are not able to consult doctor as the Toothache had started middle of the night or you are in some remote area you can just follow Toothache Home Remedies to get instant relief from Toothache.
Table of Contents
Toothache Home Remedies
- Salt Water: Add up a one tablespoon Salt in cup of warm water mix it up and rinse your mouth.
- Pepper and Salt Paste: Prepare a paste by including equal proportion of Pepper and Salt by adding few drops of water, place the paste on the tooth which is causing toothache and keep it for several minutes.
- Garlic: Smash up a Garlic Clove mixing it with some amount of salt and apply it on the affected tooth which is causing toothache pain.
- Onion: Cut a piece of an onion and chew it on the affected tooth, try to keep the juice on the infected tooth which comes out of the onion when you chew it. Onion is one of the best home remedy to get instant relief from toothache as it contains antimicrobial and antiseptic properties.
- Cloves: Cloves are one of the best remedy to get relief from toothache as it contains antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anesthetic properties which helps to relieve tooth pain and fight against the tooth infection. Prepare a mixture of Clove powder with vegetable or olive oil and apply it directly on the infected tooth. You can also buy Clove Oil directly from medical store and apply it on the affected tooth.
- Lime: Take a piece of a lime and keep it on the affected tooth try to release the juice of the lime on the affected tooth.
- Ginger: Chew a piece of Ginger on the affected tooth.
- Potato: Prepare a paste of a raw potato add some salt and keep the mixture on the infected tooth for a while.
- Peppermint Leaves: Just place Peppermint leaves on the affected tooth area it may me dried leaves or fresh leaves.
- Cucumber: Hold a piece of Cucumber on the affected tooth, or you can also prepare a paste of Cucumber.
- Tea Bag: Place a tea bag on the affect tooth.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Mix up Hydrogen Peroxide with water or mouth wash and rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- Plantain: Place a Plantain leaf on the affected tooth and release the juice from it by chewing it.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix up Apple Cider Vinegar with water and rise your mouth, or else you can even apply Apple Cider Vinegar on the infected tooth. This will help to get instant relief from toothache as well as it will remove stains and plague from your teeth.
All these Toothache Home Remedies will give you instant relief from toothache pain for temporary period, it is advisable to get an appointment of a dentist as soon as possible to get proper treatment for Toothache to get relief from Toothache permanently.
How to Prevent Toothaches?
- Brush your teeth daily in morning and before going to bed with Toothpaste which contains fluoride.
- Floss your teeth once a day.
- Have a regular checkups of your oral health by getting an appointment from dentist every 6 months.