Stress Headache is a common type of headache widely seen among Adults as well as moderately experienced by children’s and teens, Stress Headache is also known as Tension Headache or Muscle Tension Headache. Stress Headache is not a disease but it’s a mental pressure which is caused due to certain worry. In our modern life Stress have become part of our life as it can’t be prevented and it occurs at every certain point of the time in our life, Stress Headache occurs due to various worries and tensions in our daily life which includes work stress, job stress, family stress, paying bills, returning to school, losing a job, going for a new job, lack of sleep, preparation for exams, worry before competition, etc. these worries in our daily life leads to cause Stress Headache.
When the Stress Headache arises whole head above eyebrows starts facing pain, in some people Stress Headache Pain might last to 30 minutes till maximum entire day. Normally Stress Headache can be relieved by taking a sleep or some rest, and after waking up you will feel fresh, but in some cases if the stress is severe after several hours the Stress Headache might hit you back again, at this time it is highly recommended to consult a doctor for proper medication as it might be a serious problem if the Stress Headache arises again and again.
Types of Headaches
If you are facing Headaches twice or more times in a week it is called as Chronic Stress. Chronic Stress is caused due to lack of treatment or excess treatment of headache.
Rebound headache is another type of headache which comes back again and again, Rebound headaches are caused due to excessive use of painkillers.
Tension Headache, Muscle Tension Headache or Stress Headache is caused when neck and scalp muscles becomes tensed.
How to get relieve from Stress Headache
- Give rest to your eyes, stress headaches are also caused due to eye fatigue so giving some rest to your eyes will help to get some relieve from Stress Headache. I you are working on Computer for long hours it is recommended to give our eyes 10 minutes rest every hour.
- Massage your Head with oil.
- Have a warm water shower.
- Apply ice on your neck to rest down the nerves.
- Have a cup of Coffee, Tea or even energy drinks.
- Drink proper amount of water, sometimes stress headaches are also caused due to lack of intake of water which keeps your body dehydrated.
- Listen to soft music.
- Have a sleep, or you can also lay down to give your body and mind rest.
- Yoga is considered as one of the best Stress Reliever Therapy, if possible join Yoga Classes or even you can buy Yoga Training DVD’s and perform Yoga Workout poses at your home.
- Exercise Regularly or it could even include physical activities like outdoor games which involves your physical participation.
- Follow up the Stress Management Techniques regularly which will help you to get relief from Stress and will lead to lower down the possibilities of causing Stress Headaches.
If after trying all these Stress Headache reliever tips you are not facing any improvements or if you are experiencing severe Stress Headaches it is recommended to consult a doctor for medication and proper treatment of the Stress Headache.