What is Root Canal?
Root Canal Treatment (RCT) is also known as “endodontics”. Root Canal is a process of removing unhealthy infected pulp tissue from the core of the tooth. Usually the tooth gets damaged due to trauma or decay caused to the nerve. The thin channels below the pulp chamber in the internal section of the infected tooth are emptied and cleaned up and the roots are stuffed with flexible nickel titanium files.
Root Canal Symptoms
There are various root canal symptoms which will be seen in an unhealthy infected tooth or unhealthy infected nerve, and if these symptoms are experienced in the patients tooth the root canal treatment will be highly recommended by Dentists to preserve the infected tooth from further damage. Below are some root canal symptoms:
- Tooth will start discoloring.
- The tooth gum tissue with start irritating and swelling.
- Severe tooth pain will often keep on interrupting while sleep, this severe pain could arise due to the pulp dying off or swollen area at the tip of the affected tooth. This severe tooth pain might trouble you while sleep and keep you awake all night.
- Slight sharp pain on biting or chewing on the affected tooth. While chewing or biting sight pain will arise due to infection at the tooth root tip so on biting down the tooth will be pressed down and the tooth root area will irritate which will lead to slight sharp pain when chewing or biting.
- Swelling of gum, if the gum is swollen of the affected tooth it might discharge infection fluid which will lead to cause bad taste.
- Pain or sensitive tooth while drinking cold or hot liquid or food.
- If you are facing any of these Root Canal Symptoms than you can visit your dentist to clear out your doubts if you really required a Root Canal for your tooth. The dentist will check up your tooth if it needs root canal, by observing the root canal symptoms if any.
Dentist might check up the condition of your tooth by analyzing few common Root Canal Symptoms like discoloration of tooth, affected tooth gum area, by giving hot or cold water rinse, tapping the tooth, using dental device called electronic pulp tested and if required dentist might also take an x-ray in order to detect sign of infection if any. After observing all things and if there are any Root Canal Symptoms the dentist might advise or recommend you for Root Canal.