Pomegranate is nutritionally rich fruit with a unique taste as well as it also provides various benefits to our health. Pomegranate is used in several ayurvedic and herbal medicines as well as it is also used in several home remedies that’s the reason pomegranates where known as a symbol of health. Below are the various Pomegranate Health Benefits which will make you to include pomegranates in your daily diet.
10 Best Pomegranate Health Benefits
- Prevents heart disease: Polyphenols present in Pomegranates have high antioxidant properties which helps to prevent radical damage of the walls of arteries and hence it prevents heart disease. Antioxidant properties also helps to prevent oxidation of cholesterol which can cause development of coronary artery disease and plaque formation.
- Prevents Skin Ageing: Eating pomegranates daily can keep you away from ageing signs of skin like wrinkles etc. Consuming Pomegranates daily can delay the process of ageing due to presence of Polyphenolic compounds which are powerful antioxidants.
- Prevents Cancer: Pomegranates can prevent various forms of cancer due to presence of anti-inflammatory properties. As well as pomegranate juice can prohibit the growth of tumor cells and persuade natural death in them.
- Digestion: Eating Pomegranate daily can keep your digestion system healthy due to presence of fiber. One pomegranate cane provide 45% of recommended intake of fiber to your body.
- Lowers down blood pressure: Punicic acid present in Pomegranates prevents the activity of serum angiotensin-converting enzyme, thus it helps to lowers down blood pressure and triglycerides.
- Prevents Plaque: Pomegranate juice can be a better alternative to mouth wash as the compounds in pomegranate exhibit strong antiplaque effects.
- Immunity: Pomegranates are rich source of anti-inflammatory compounds which is one best remedy for those people who have immune related disorders like osteroarthrits and rheumatoid arthritis. As well as presence of Vitamin C in Pomegranates helps to boost anti body production and develops immunity.
- Diabetes: Drinking pomegranate juice by diabetic patients helps to reduce risk of several coronary diseases and also the hardening of the arteries reduces.
- Lower down stress: Consuming pomegranates lowers down the level of cortisol which is a stress hormone that increases under stress.
- Anemia: Due to presence of Iron in Pomegranate consumption of Pomegranate in any form helps to maintain healthy blood flow in the body as well as it also provides iron to the blood which helps to reduce symptoms of anemia.
Also Read: Nutritional Value of Peanuts
All the above pomegranate health benefits makes you to take decision to add pomegranate to your daily diet.