Tooth Sensitivity is a dental condition when you feel a sharp pain in your teeth while drinking and eating hot or cold type of food. Teeth becomes sensitive when enamel around the teeth gets destroyed and nerve endings under the teeth gets exposed.
Using hard-bristled toothbrush, plaque or bacteria on teeth, consuming acidic foods such as citrus fruits, cavities, using teeth whitening products, and rough or rigorous brushing are some common causes of erosion which leads to Sensitive Teeth. Tooth sensitivity causes lots of discomfort due to sharp pain in teeth, but Tooth sensitivity can be easily cured by taking care and using effective Indian Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth. Below are some best Indian Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth which will help to control and reduce the teeth sensitivity.
Best Effective Indian Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth
- Salt Water: Salt Water is one of the effective and traditional Indian Home Remedy for Sensitive Teeth. Take one glass of lukewarm water add 2 teaspoon of salt and stir it. Rise your mouth with it every morning and before going to bed daily. This will clean the bacterial infections and will reduce sensitivity of teeth.
- Rock Salt and Mustard Oil: Rock Salt is one effective traditional Indian Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth as it helps in killing the bacterial infections and gives instant relief from sharp teeth sensitivity. Mix one tablespoon of rock salt with mustard oil and gently massage your teeth and gums for about 15 minutes. Rinse your mouth with lukewarm water after massage. You can use this rock salt and mustard Indian Home Remedy for Sensitive Teeth daily to have strong white teeth and healthy gums.
- Onion: Chew Raw Onion daily as it will help to relieve the sensitive teeth due to presence of antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, you can even apply onion juice over the teeth.
- Clove Oil: Before going to bed massage your teeth with Clove Oil, this will strengthen the teeth and will help to relieve from sharp sensitive teeth pain.
- Mustard Oil: Prepare a mixture by mixing Mustard Oil, rock salt and crushed cloves. Massage the teeth and gums with this mixture twice a day, this will give you instant relief from teeth sensitivity.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Apply Aloe Vera Gel over the sensitive teeth twice a day, this will soothe the sensitive tooth.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla Extract is one of the best effective Indian Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth as it numbs the pain and it also has a calming effect. Massage your sensitive teeth with Vanilla Extract for a while daily till you get relief.
- Asafoetida: Mix Asafoetida with lemon juice and apply it all over the sensitive teeth to get instant relief from sensitive tooth pain.
- Peppermint: Peppermint contains antiviral, anti-fungal, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory which makes it a perfect ingredient to use in Indian Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth. Chew few Peppermint leaves over the sensitive teeth or you can even apply Peppermint Oil or Juice over the affected teeth daily.
- Cinnamon: Boil Cinnamon and Cloves in water, once it water comes at lukewarm temperature strain it and gargle with the water. This will prevent erosion of teeth.
- Wheat grass Juice: Wheat grass Juice contains antibacterial properties which can help to relieve teeth sensitivity and fight against tooth decay. Use Wheat grass Juice daily to rinse your mouth this will control infection, remove toxins from gums, and reduce bacteria growth. Alternatively you can even chew Wheat grass.
- Guava Leaves: Guava Leaves contains antimicrobial, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties which can help to heal sensitive teeth. You can chew Guava Leaves or you can even prepare Guava Leaves Water by boiling them in water and once the water comes at lukewarm temperature strain the water and rise your mouth it every day.
- Spinach Leaves: Spinach Leaves or Palak Leaves can be used as an alternative to Guava Leaves as t has same effect which helps to reduce tooth sensitivity. Chew few Spinach or Palak Leaves to get relief from tooth sensitivity.
- Salt and Pepper: Salt and Pepper contains analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties which helps to reduce the sensitive teeth pain. Prepare a paste by mixing water, salt and pepper. Apply the paste over the sensitive teeth daily, this will reduce the pain and will heal sensitive teeth.
- Thyme, Sage or Green Tea: As Thyme, Sage or Green Tea contains anti-bacterial and antioxidants it helps to keep the mouth fresh and also reduces tooth sensitiveness as well as protects gums.
- Honey: Mix Honey in a glass of lukewarm water and rinse your mouth. This will help to protect the teeth enamel from future erosion.
- Garlic: Crush Garlic and mix it with salt and apply it all over the affected areas of the teeth.
All these above Indian Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth works effectively in treating to reduce and control discomfort caused by tooth sensitivity. However if you are not getting relieve even after using any of these Home Remedies for Sensitive Teeth ensure that you consult a dentist as soon as possible.