Sunburn is one of the most common skin problems which we face during the summer season. Exposure to sun rays during summer makes uncovered body parts skin tanned, as well as the UV rays coming out from sun rays, which are very harmful to our body. Staying exposed to sun rays for 10 minutes or less than that can make you suffer from sunburn. If you are suffering from Sunburn or Suntan your skin will look burned and redness will appear.
There are numerous products like cream and sunscreen lotions available in the market which promise to protect your skin from sunburn, but none of these products effectively works or protects the skin from sunburn or skin tanning. But natural home remedies can help you to get rid of sunburn during summer.
There are many home remedies to treat sunburn but we found using tea remedies to treat sunburn worked more effectively than any other home remedies. So how to treat sunburn with tea we will explain to you in this article.
Ways on how to treat a Sunburn with Tea
As tea contains tannic acid which helps to soothe the sunburned skin. So below are the various ways on how to treat sunburn with tea.
- Brew a tea bag into a cup of cold water and keep it for 15 minutes, dip a towel into the cold tea and squeeze the excess water. Place the towel over the skin burned area for about 15 minutes.
- You can use the used tea bag to treat sunburn by placing the tea bag on the sunburned affected skin for several minutes.
- Take a tea bath by soaking few tea bags into a bucket of cool water, remember the more you keep tea bags to soak into the bucket the more tannic acid will be released into the water which will relieve you from sunburn.
- Soak Black Tea or Chamomile Tea into cold water for few minutes, dip a towel into the water and squeeze the excess water out of it. And place the towel on the sunburn affected areas. Doing this will soothe the burned skin.
- Mix Tea with milk and apply the mixture over the skin burned affected area.
- Take one jug of warm water and drop three to four black tea bags into it. Let the tea bags soak into the water till the water turns off dark black color. Let the black tea mixture come down at lukewarm temperature. Dip a towel into the tea and dab it gently onto the sunburn skin area. Let the skin absorb the tea mixture and once it dries off you can reapply it. You should try this remedy before going to bed so that when you sleep the sunburn skin healing process will start and wash it in the morning while having a shower. The tannic acid and theobromine present in the black tea will remove the heat from the sunburn and other properties found in black tea like catechins will prevent sunburn and will repair the damaged skin.