Dandruff is common condition which mostly occur on head, but some people also experiences dandruff on their eyelashes too and such condition is known as blepharitis or seborrheic dermatitis. Having Dandruff on eyelashes is not a minor condition as if it is kept untreated it could affect your eyelashes and your eyelashes will fall off frequently.
Dandruff on eyelashes creates dry flakiness or powdery substance on your eyelashes. Such condition usually appear due to sickness, stress, skin disorders, or if you are not having balanced food. If you are having dandruff on your eyelashes or eye brows you should start following below tips on How to Remove Dandruff from Eyelashes.
Table of Contents
Causes of Dandruff on Eyelashes
Dandruff on Eyelashes could appear due to several reasons, but below are some few common causes of Dandruff on Eyelashes.
- Blepharitis: In this condition dandruff on eyelashes appears like flakes, you may also notice symptoms like drying, reddening, swelling and itchiness of eyes. There is no need to worry about this condition as it is not contagious and can be easily treated.
- Seborrhea dermatitis: In this condition dandruff on eyelashes appears like scaly fakes. Such condition might occur due to consumption of junk, oily food, or drinking lack of water.
In both blepharitis or seborrheic dermatitis type of condition there is no need to worry, as it is very common condition and can be easily treated by following effective Tips on How to Remove Dandruff from Eyelashes. But before following these below tips you should note that your eye area is very delicate, you should avoid using any harsh products made out of chemicals into your eyes or nearby eyes, and lastly avoid using any anti-dandruff shampoos over your eyelashes.
Tips on How to Remove Dandruff from Eyelashes
- Almond Oil: If your eyelids are dry you should massage your eyelids gently with Almond Oil to get rid of dandruff from your eyelashes. Massaging your eyelids daily with almond oil will make the eyelashes grow properly and if the eyelashes have fallen off due to excess of dandruff, almond oil will help it to grow new eye lashes and make them strong and healthy.
- Drugstore Soaps: Drugstore Soap includes tea tree oil or pyrithione zinc which is very god remedy to treat dandruff formed on eyelashes. Wash you face and eyelashes gently twice daily with Drugstore Soap to stay protected against yeast germs which causes dandruff.
- Hygiene: Always keep your eyelashes and eyelids clean free from dirt buildup. If you are using makeup, make sure you clean the makeup buildup from your eyelashes or area nearby eye area as the makeup buildup will clog the pores and lead to form more dandruff. If you don’t clean your eyelashes and eyelids daily the dirt buildup will stimulate the gland to produce more dandruff.
- Baby Shampoo: Use Baby Shampoo gently to remove dandruff from your eyelashes, as it is very mild and doesn’t contain any chemicals. Dip a cotton ball into diluted Baby Shampoo and clean the eyelashes gently daily, be careful when you clean as the shampoo can go into your eyes and cause irritation.
- Healthy Diet: Have a balanced and healthy diet which includes fruits and vegetables. This will provide your body required nutrients to keep yourself healthy and will also eliminate dandruff. You should avoid junk foods, alcohol and caffeine. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water per day so that your body will easily able to flush out the toxins from your body.
- Egg Oil: Egg Oil is effective Chinese and Japanese remedy to prevent dandruff on eyebrow and eyelashes. Apply egg oil gently over the eyelashes daily one time before going to bed, this will soak egg oil into the pores and will enhance the mineral content of your skin. Applying egg oil over the eyelashes will also rise the amount of natural oils which our skin generates, this will help to prevent further dandruff formation on eyelashes.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is used as a remedy to treat various skin related conditions, but here also Aloe Vera plays a vital role to remove dandruff from eyelashes. Gently apply Aloe Vera Gel over your Eyelashes and keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off with cool water, do this daily to eliminate dandruff from your Eyelashes.
- Consult Ophthalmologist: If after following any of the above Tips on How to Remove Dandruff from Eyelashes didn’t worked for you, consult Ophthalmologist as soon as possible about your dandruff on eyelashes.