According to Ayurveda ‘pitta’ also known as body heat allows body digestive system to work normally. But too much heat in body or high body temperature is a sign of pitta inequality, pitta should always be normal nor should it be high or less. When pitta becomes unequal eyes becomes red and starts burning some people will also notice heat coming out from their ears, ulcers in mouth, burning sensation in the stomach, burning sensation in chest, diarrhea, acne, and skin rashes. During Pitta dosh the body becomes imbalance and the person can become angry, aggressive, irritable, or jealous. So during such condition it is highly recommended to take good care of yourself and try to be relax, calm and peaceful.
There are several home remedies to reduce heat in body with Ayurveda, but when heat in body is raised or pitta dosh occurs it is recommended to consult an Ayurvedic physician to get best course of treatment. Below are some remedies which will help you easily to reduce heat in body with Ayurveda.
Tips on How to Reduce Heat in Body with Ayurveda | Remedies on How to Control Body Heat in Ayurveda
- Avoid Spicy and Fried foods as it case raise the body heat or temperature. Instead consuming fried and spicy foods eat cucumber, muskmelon, beans, and boiled green vegetables and drink buttermilk to reduce the body heat naturally.
- Drink plenty amount of cool water in regular intervals to reduce the body heat.
- Drink herbal teas made up from fennel seeds, cumin seeds, rosewater, coriander, chamomile and peppermint as it will calm down the body, improve metabolism and lower down body heat.
- Practice yoga exercises daily early in morning such as suryanamaskar, trikonasana, pranayama and meditation as it will help to reduce the body heat as well as it will keep your mind, and body cool and energized throughout the day.
- Perform physical activities like gardening or swimming as the cool environment will help to reduce the body temperature.
- Mix one tablespoon of almond powder, pinch of turmeric powder with one glass of milk and drink it daily to reduce the body heat in Ayurvedic Method.
- Soak basil seeds or sabja seeds into one bowl of water for 4 to 5 hours. Take out the sabja seeds or basil seeds and mix it up with one glass of milk and add few drops of rose water into the milk. Drink it daily as it will help to reduce the body heat instantly.
- To reduce heat in body consume starchy or carbohydrate food like beans, grains, etc.
- Yogurt contains natural cooling agent so it is best to consume one bowl of Yogurt mixed with water daily after meals.
- Mix one tablespoon of clarified butter in one glass of warm milk and drink it daily as it works effectively as a natural Ayurvedic remedy to cool down the body heat. But note down that clarified butter should be strictly avoided if you are suffering with hypertension or cholesterol.
- Massage your body daily with herbal oils to reduce body heat and improve blood circulation.
- Wear light colour cotton and linen material clothes as it will help to maintain the body temperature.
- Reduce excess consumption of salt in your diet as excess consumption of salt will increase the body heat. So as much as possible reduce the consumption of salt in your diet to reduce the body heat.
- Avoid junk and fast food as it can also contribute to increase body heat.
- Avoid eating red meat as it can contribute to increase body heat. Instead consume vegetables as it will help to cool down the body heat.
- Avoid sugar and instead of sugar you can use honey and molasses as sweeteners, this will help to control the body heat.
- Drink 20ml of Indian gooseberry or Amla juice mixed with honey and lime on empty stomach every morning.
- Avoid eating warm or hot food, eat it when it becomes cool.
- Mix one to two drops of almond oil with one glass of pomegranate juice and drink it every morning.
- Avoid coffee, jaggery, meat, and papayas as it can contribute to increase body heat.