Most of the people have oily face which you can easily notice within few matter of hours after washing your face. Oily Face gives you an unpleasant look that happens as the day goes on, targeting your corner of the nose, T-Zone, and even your chin. Our pores releases oil naturally to keep our skin from drying out, but when the oil released from our pores mixes up with the makeup or any cosmetic product applied on face it gives shiny face.
So to prevent oily face all day long here we have got some effective tips on how to prevent oily face throughout the day.
Tips on How to Prevent Oily Face throughout the Day
- Cleanser: Make sure you properly clean your face every morning after waking up by using Cleanser containing 2% salicylic acid solution. Before washing your face always make a habit to wash your hands to avoid putting oils present in the fingers onto your face. Salicylic Acid works as an effective remedy to remove the oils from the skin without drying out face.
- Mattifying Primer: Apply Face Primer to eliminate shine on your face throughout the day. Applying Face Primer will also absorb the excess oil present in the skin.
- Healthy Diet: A Healthy diet can help to prevent oily face throughout the day. Eliminate spicy foods, oily foods and cocktails as such foods dilate blood vessels and cause you to sweat. Consume food items high in Vitamin A like carrots, spinach and cantaloupe as it slowdowns the oil production.
- Rubbing Alcohol: Dab a cotton ball into alcohol and swipe it all over your face. This will remove oil and grime which will leave your face oil free and clean without drying out skin.
- Cream: Avoid applying heavy night creams on your face, instead you can use light motion oil free cream. Alternatively you can also use hydrating serum to light up your face without shine or grease.
- Blotting Tissues: Whenever your face is oily or greasy clean your face with blotting tissues, this will help to control oily face.
- Orange Juice: Extract Juice from an Orange and mix it with one egg yolk. Prepare a thick mixture and apply it all over your face. Keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off your face with cool water. Applying this mixture once a week will help to eliminate oily skin.
- Moisturizer: Before going to bed every night apply oil free moisturizer on your face, this will help to keep your skin hydrated, clean and will also control skin pores from generating excess oil. Also during day time you can apply light oil free face moisturizer with a little Sheer Powder on top of it. This will Prevent Oily Face throughout the Day.
- Lemon Juice: Take one cup of lemon juice, 1/4th cup of glycerin, 1/4th cup of rose water. Mix them well and store it into refrigerator. Apply the mixture all over your face 1 hour before having bath and before going to bed. Apply this mixture once in a week, this will prevent oily face throughout the Day and will give you a natural glow on your face.
- Face Pack: Exfoliation and applying face pack masks like Multani Mitti, Ubtan Face Pack etc. which helps to eliminate excess oil from the face.
- Blotting Papers: Blotting Papers are like tissue papers, which can help to absorb the excess oil present on your face without letting it to spread across your face.
- Regularly Wash your Face: Wash your face gently with acne face wash or face wash which is meant for oily skin twice a day in the morning and before going to bed. As oily skin is more prone to acne it is recommended to use acne face wash to prevent blemishes from occurring on your face.
- Baking Soda: Prepare a thick paste by mixing baking soda with water, apply the mixture all over your face for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse your face gently this will give you oil free and smooth face.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: For Oily Skin Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective remedy to control excess oil production by skin pores. Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar with water and apply it all over your face, keep it for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse your face with cool water.
- Homemade Scrub: Once in a week apply homemade scrubs which contains sugar and honey. Honey and sugar scrub will exfoliate and moisturize your skin naturally.
- Avoid cosmetics and makeups: Using cosmetics and makeups can promote production of excess oil on your face so it is recommended to avoid using cosmetics and makeups on your face.
- Lotions: If after washing your face still your face becomes oily in few minutes of time you can apply lotions containing salicylic acid or camphorated alcohol.
- Tomato: Before going to bed apply tomato puree on your face, keep it for 10 to 20 minutes and wash it with cool water. This will remove dirt and oil from your face.
- Keep yourself hydrated: Drink enough amount of water to keep yourself hydrated, you can also drink fresh fruit juices.
That’s it, if you follow these above tips on how to prevent oily face throughout the day you can easily control the oil on your face and stay fresh all day long.