Teeth Sensitivity is one of the major problem worldwide where numerous people suffer from Teeth sensitivity whether it may be adults as well as kids. Teeth sensitivity causes irritating sharp pain when biting food, and drinking hot or cold drinks. Teeth Sensitivity is caused when teeth enamel is damaged due to rough brushing, from acidic food and drink, after dental filling, and tooth-grinding.
So let’s gets brief on how to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth, below are some useful steps which will definitely help you to get rid of Teeth Sensitivity and will make sensitive teeth stop hurting.
Tips on How to Get Rid of Sensitive Teeth
- Prevent Building up of Plaque: Building up of Plaque is a major reason to cause teeth sensitivity as the Plaque Buildup deposits hardens on the teeth discharges acidic substances which leads to sensitivity and nerve irritation. So it is best to take precaution first by brushing your teeth twice a day and remember don’t brush roughly or press hard as it will cause more damage to enamel as well as gums and prevent building up of plaque on teeth to get rid of Sensitive Teeth.
- Avoid Soda and Citrus Juices: Citrus Juices and Soda can make your teeth more sensitive so it is best to avoid them and if you can’t than you can use straw while drinking this will reduce the contact of Soda and Citrus Juice enamel-wearing acids with your teeth. If you don’t want to experience the pain of Teeth Sensitivity while drinking hot or cold drinks it is better to drink hot or cold drinks with straws.
- Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste: There are many Sensitive Teeth Toothpastes available in market which helps to reduce and remove the sensitivity of the teeth instantly. As well as regular use of Sensitive Teeth Toothpaste will also give you relief from the pain while drinking hot or cold water but remember to use soft-bristle toothbrush and brush gently but thoroughly.
- Dentist: Visit dentist as they will be able to diagnose the teeth sensitivity in best manner as well as if you grind your teeth while sleeping they will prescribe a special mouth guard which can be used while sleeping.
- Soft bristle Toothbrush: For Sensitive teeth you should always use soft bristle Toothbrush, using hard bristle toothbrush will cause more damage of enamel and will lead to more irritation of nerves. Brush with soft bristle Toothbrush in up and down motion to remove the plaque from the teeth.
- Fluoride Rinse: Rinsing with Fluoride can give you relieve from teeth sensitivity at some extend especially true when you have acidic and sugary foods. It is best to avoid sugary and acidic foods to avoid teeth sensitivity but still on certain occasions when you have sugary and acidic foods you should not brush your teeth immediately but instead after an hour you can have a fluoride rinse.
- Apply Sensitive Toothpaste before going to bed: You can use this home remedy to treat teeth sensitivity by simply applying a pea size Sensitive Toothpaste thick coat over the sensitive teeth and leave it idle for few minutes till it becomes dry but remember do not swallow it. Once the toothpaste which you have applied over the tooth gets dry you can seat it with a sugarless chewing gum after you have chewed the gum. This will help you to get relief from teeth sensitivity. And if you can’t do this you can even massage the sensitive tooth daily for few minutes and rinse your mouth.