Puffy Face or Facial Puffiness in medical terms is known as facial edema. Puffy Face is usually caused due to water retention, inadequate fluid intake, stress, high salt intake, Poor circulation, and excess consumption of alcohol. Puffy Face could also occur if you are suffering from conditions like thyroid disorders, kidney disease, conjunctivitis, throat infection, tooth abscess, sinusitis and preeclampsia during pregnancy. Puffy Face makes you look sick, tired and sleepy.
So whenever you notice that your face has become puffy it is very essential to know the actual cause. If facial puffiness is caused due to above indicated conditions then the puffiness will automatically disappear after taking proper treatment. And if facial puffiness is caused due to allergy it should also not be ignored and proper treatment should be taken.
Below are some effective home remedies which will help you to get rid of puffy face naturally.
Table of Contents
Home Remedies on How to Get Rid of Puffy Face Naturally
- Ice: Massage your puffy face with Ice Cubes for several minutes. Alternatively you can even splash cool ice water on you face two times a day. Cold water constricts the blood vessels and helps to reduce the puffiness.
- Brewed Green Tea Bags: Brew Green Tea Bags and allow it to cool. Once it cools down place the brewed tea bag on your puffy face for about 30 minutes and rinse your face with cool water.
- Massage: Massage your face daily with facial oil, moisturizer or olive oil daily to get rid of puffy face naturally.
- Strawberry: Extract Juice from Strawberries add one tablespoon of honey and oilive oil. Prepare a thick paste and apply it all over your puffy face, keep it for 30 minutes and wash off your face with cool water. This is very effective home remedy to get rid of puffy face as well as puffy eyes.
- Egg Whites: Apply egg whites on your puffy face and keep it for 30 minutes. Wash off your face with cool water, repeat this daily to get rid of puffy face.
- Coffee: Mix one tablespoon of coffee powder with one tablespoon of cocoa powder, one tablespoon of honey and yogurt. Prepare a thick paste and apply it all over your face. Keep it for 30 minutes and wash your face with cool water.
- Cucumber and Lemon Juice: Cut cucumber into slices and soak them up in lemon juice and put it into refrigerator for 30 minutes. Take out those soaked cucumber from refrigerator and place it over your face for 30 minutes. Repeat this daily until you see improvements. Alternatively you can even extract juice out of cucumber and massage your face gently with the extracted cucumber juice.
- Reduce intake of salty foods: If you are experiencing puffiness it is recommended that you reduce consumption of salty foods and sodium in your diet. Salt absorbs water and it results to cause puffiness.
- Fruits & Vegetables: Include more fruits and vegetables in your daily diet instead of consuming processed foods which are very harmful for our health.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink enough amount of water throughout the day. Dehydration is major reason being puffy face as it causes blood vessels to enlarge which leads to water retention in some parts of the body like face, stomach, and ankles.
If your face is getting puffy you should not take it lightly as it is symptom that something is wrong in your body and you should give attention to it by fixing appointment with doctor to diagnose the problem. Additionally you should also work on stress management, avoid unhealthy foods, avoid alcohol, avoid excess usage of salt in your food and sodium, and avoid drinking soft drinks and energy drinks. If you follow all these precautions and home remedies carefully than you can easily Get Rid of Puffy Face Naturally.