Brushing Teeth daily is very essential to keep oral health hygienic and healthy. Brushing Teeth not only helps to have fresh breath and whiter smiles but it also helps to keep your oral health healthy by removing the plaque. Plaque is a thin sticky layer of bacteria which forms on teeth due to consumption of different kinds of foods. If you don’t remove the plaque from the teeth by brushing teeth daily later on the plaque could cause cavities in the teeth as well as other gum pain related problems, even the teeth could fall out. So to avoid such oral health related problems like cavities, gum pain or teeth fall out you should brush your teeth properly and thoroughly. If you are not aware on How to Brush your Teeth thoroughly you can go through this article and get well educated on How to Brush your Teeth to stay healthy orally.
Below we have few tips on How to Brush your Teeth:
- Change Tooth Brush Regularly: It is recommended to change your tooth brush after every 1 month or by inspecting the condition of the tooth brush. When the bristles of the tooth brush gets spoiled or when it loses it effectiveness it is essential to change the tooth brush.
- Proper Tooth Brushing Tools: When we talk about tooth brushing tools the two things which comes in our mind is Tooth Brush and Tooth Paste, but brushing your teeth with any regular kind of tooth brush is not recommended you should be very conservative while choosing your tooth brush. It is always recommended to use soft nylon bristles tooth brush which helps to remove plaque from teeth from every corner of the teeth without getting your gums hurt or irritated which will also reduce the risks of gum pain. You should also keep in mind that brush reaches all your teeth mostly the last one, and if you are experiencing difficulty in brushing the last teeth than the brush might be too big so you should try to buy a tooth brush which can reach all over you teeth to keep it clean. If you are using electric toothbrushes than you might not need these tips on How to Brush your Teeth as electric toothbrushes does their work very well as it also encourages the person to spend more time on your oral hygiene, these electric brushes perfectly suits those who are bit lazy in brushing their teeth. However manual tooth brush can also give same results as electric toothbrush if you spend few time on brushing your teeth thoroughly.
- Fluoride Toothpaste: Always use toothpaste which contains fluoride as fluoride helps to remove plaque as well as it strengthens tooth enamel. You should also be aware that toothpastes which contains Fluoride should not be swallowed in any condition as too much intake of fluoride could cause serious health related problems also fluoride toothpastes should not be used by children’s under 3 years of age group.
- Floss: Flossing your teeth is also an essential part as brushing teeth as flossing also helps to eliminate the plaque buildup, bacteria, as well as the food particles which is been trapped between the gap of the teeth. Flossing helps to remove the plaque from the area where the toothbrush can’t reach, so it is recommended to floss your teeth daily before brushing your teeth. While flossing teeth you should also keep following tips in your mind.
- Floss your teeth gently, roughly flossing will lead to cause irritation of sensitive gums.
- Floss your teeth before you brush to avoid the presence of food particles or bacteria which comes after flossing in your mouth.
- Brushing Teeth Techniques
- Take a pea size amount of toothpaste over your toothbrush, as taking huge amount of toothpaste will encourage you to spit early and finish as well as taking huge amount of toothpaste can increase risk of ingesting more fluoride from toothpaste in our body which can cause serious harm to our health.
- Hold the bristles above gum line area at 45 degree angle and brush gently with vertical, circular and short motion, don’t miss to brush the last back teeth. Later on move on brushing to your chewing surface of the teeth as well as back side of the teeth. Make sure you brush all three sides of the teeth that is back surface, front surface and the upper surface of the teeth in a gentle manner. And also don’t miss to brush your tongue from back to front in an sweeping motion so that all the food particles gets removed from the tongue to avoid bad breathe.
- How long should you Brush your Teeth: You should at least spend three minutes to brush your teeth completely and thoroughly to have healthy teeth. If you getting bored while brushing teeth you can listen to songs like Brush Your Teeth Song to make brushing teeth more enjoyable.