Diabetes is a state where pancreas in our body becomes unable to create insulin, Insulin place an important role as it regulates our blood sugar levels. When we consume our food an element called glucose travels through our bloodstream and at this time insulin acts to carry the glucose to various parts in our body and thus we get energy. Diabetes is a silent disease similar like cancer because 50% of people unaware that they have diabetes.
How can you get Diabetes?
- The main reason behind diabetes present in your body may be due to hereditary, if in your family history any of member had diabetes.
- Obesity might be another common factor which can risk you to cause diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Diabetes can also be present in mothers at the time when she gives birth.
Types of Diabetes
There are two types of Diabetes they include Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes: This type of diabetes is mostly present in children when their pancreas completely stops creating insulin. Some of the common symptoms are frequent urination, excessive thirst and instead of excessive hunger continuous weight loss.
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes are more common than Type 1 diabetes. Some of the common symptoms are same as we have mentioned in Type 1 of diabetes. This type of diabetes is also said to be non-insulin reliant as in this type of diabetes excess insulin passed through our bloodstream and thus it might result in high blood glucose in our body and can be treated by including high protein diet, exercise, starch and carbohydrate diet.
In United States per year nearly 200,000 deaths are reported due to diabetes. For diabetes there is no cure yet, however to maintain your weight it is recommended to exercise daily, have a regular appointments with doctor to check up your blood glucose levels.