Having good oral health boosts the confidence as well as it very essential for overall health. But plaque is most common problem which everyone experiences, when plaque is left untreated it turns into tartar which is formed by excess buildup of bacteria in the mouth. A hard yellowish mineral deposit layer will be formed on your teeth which is called as tartar or calculus. And once calculus or tartar is developed on your teeth it is very difficult to remove as while removing your gums might bleed or swell easily.
When calculus is developed on teeth to remove it is very essential to visit dentist. So before such conditions occurs it is always best to take precautions on preventing plaque on teeth. Having plaque free teeth will give you a beautiful smile as well as it will also reduce chances of tooth decay and gum disease.
To remove plaque from teeth you have to fix an appointment with dentist, but you can remove your teeth plaque at home without going to the dentist by using effective natural Home Remedies to Remove Plaque from your Teeth.
Table of Contents
Natural Home Remedies to Remove Plaque from your Teeth
- Baking Soda: Baking Soda is one of the traditionally used home remedy to remove plaque from teeth. Take one tablespoon of Baking Soda and dip you toothbrush in it. Scrub the toothbrush on your teeth to remove the plaque.
- Tomatoes and Strawberries: Tomatoes and Strawberries are rich source of Vitamin C and it works very effectively for several oral health remedies. Rub Tomatoes and Strawberries over the teeth for 5 to 10 minutes, this will make the tartar buildup soft. Rinse your mouth with baking soda lukewarm water this will remove plaque from your teeth. Alternatively you can also use other fruits which are rich in Vitamin C like lemons, papaya, berries, oranges, peppers, lime etc.
- Floss: Dental Floss helps to remove plaque from teeth where tooth brush is not able to reach, it removes plaque between your teeth and above the gum line. To have plaque free teeth it is essential to floss daily in a gentle manner.
- Sesame Seeds: Chew Sesame Seeds thoroughly and then brush your teeth. Doing this daily will soften the tartar and plaque which will lead to eliminate plaque from teeth.
- Guava: Guava Fruit and Guava Leaves both acts as natural home remedy to remove plaque from teeth. As Guava contains antiplaque agents it helps to remove the plaque buildup formed on the teeth and gums. Chew Guava Leaves or Guava Fruit thoroughly daily to get rid of plaque from teeth.
- Cheese: Eat variety of Cheese like cheddar or Swiss before every meals, this will neutralize the acids which promotes plaque production.
- White Vinegar: White Vinegar contains acetic acid and antibacterial properties which helps prevent buildup of plaque. Mix one tablespoon of White Vinegar into one cup on lukewarm water and rinse your mouth daily twice a day.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is best home remedy to treat various oral conditions. As Aloe Vera contains antimicrobial properties it helps to eliminate bacteria which causes plaque buildup.
- Melons and Apples: Eating Melons and Apples after having meals daily prevents plaque buildup and prohibit gum bleeding.
- Black Tea: Rinsing daily with Black Tea helps to eliminate oral bacteria as well as it prevents plaque buildup due to its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. Mix black tea with one glass of lukewarm water and rinse your mouth daily once.
- Cloves: Cloves is a widely used home remedy ingredient in every oral health related conditions. Chew few Cloves daily thoroughly or you can even gargle with Cloves Lukewarm water, this will help you to get rid of plaque from teeth.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Rosemary Essential Oil helps to eliminate oral bacteria which helps to prevent plaque accumulation. Mix 4 to 5 drops of rosemary essential oil into one tablespoon of water and massage your teeth gently for 15 minutes. Rinse your mouth, do this daily twice a day before brushing your teeth.
Besides these Home Remedies to Remove Plaque from your Teeth, you should also follow below tips to prevent plaque buildup on teeth.
Tips to Prevent Plaque Buildup on Teeth
- Brush your teeth regularly twice or thrice a day with soft bristle brush in vertical strokes. Focus on area where gums and teeth meet.
- Consuming Spicy food will keep your mouth clean as it encourages salivary glands, which saliva cleans your mouth naturally.
- Before going to bed rub orange peel over your teeth daily and don’t rinse. Doing this will eliminate bacteria.
- Flossing daily will help to remove food particles and germs between the teeth.
- Stop Smoking and consuming tobacco as it contains tar which sticks on your teeth and results in plaque buildup.