Tonsils are situated in the throat area and it is a part of our body which usually helps to fight against viral or bacterial infections as well as it avoids the bacteria or infection to enter our respiratory tract. However while this process sometimes tonsils may also get infected by the bacteria or infection and when this situation occurs usually tonsils gets inflamed and swollen which causes the pain or discomfort and this condition when tonsils gets inflamed is known as Tonsillitis.
Some common symptoms of Tonsillitis includes running nose, coughing, nasal congestion, sore throat, headaches, weakness, body ache, fever, Pain in the ear and sneezing.
So in this situation you can treat Tonsillitis by implementing some effective Home Remedies for Tonsillitis, which will give some relieve.
Best Home Remedies for Tonsillitis
- Gargle with warm salt water whenever you feel the discomfort or pain of the Tonsillitis for instant relief. Mix 1 tablespoon of salt with 1 glass of warm water and gargle with the mixture several times a day. Gargling can be given to children’s from age group 8 years and above.
- Chewing throat lozenges will give relieve from sore throat symptoms but don’t give them to children’s.
- Drink warm turmeric milk before going to bed. Put half teaspoon of turmeric powder and half teaspoon of black pepper into one glass of milk and stir it well and drink it slowly.
- Boosting immune system will help to fight against infection and will not cause Tonsillitis, so immunity can be boosted by drinking fresh squeezed carrot, beetroot and cucumber juice daily. You can drink juices individually or even you can mix all together and drink it to get better results.
- Drink warm tea, soup or even you can drink cool juice.
- When infected with Tonsillitis give yourself enough rest.
- Prepare a mixture by squeezing half lemon in one glass of warm water add a pinch of salt and two tablespoon of honey stir it well as drink it slowly twice a day.
- Alum acts as an effective home remedy to treat Tonsillitis, you can apply Alum powder over the surface of the tonsils or else you can mix Alum with warm water and gargle several times a day which will reduce inflammation as well as will prevent further infections.
- Boil dry figs, grind them and prepare a paste out of it and apply it over surface of the throat.
- Simmer 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seeds into a glass of hot water for half an hour, and ones it becomes cool strain the water and gargle with it twice a day.
- Gargling with strong tea can help to relieve sore throat symptom as tea contains tannins it helps to kill the germs.
- Gargling with onion is another effective home remedy for Tonsillitis. Extract juice out of a fresh onion and mix the extracted onion juice in a glass of warm water and gargle with the mixture twice a day.
- Extract juice out of Ginger and mix the extracted ginger juice in a glass of warm water and gargle with the mixture twice a day, this will give instant relief from Tonsillitis.
All the above Home Remedies for Tonsillitis will work effectively to get rid of Tonsillitis, but if you are not facing any improvement after implementing any of the above home remedy for Tonsillitis it is better to move on to next Home Remedy for Tonsillitis.