Sunburn is caused when the skin is exposed to the sun for longer duration of time. Normally sunburn is common during summer season, with some of the simple Home Remedies for Sunburn you can get some relief but these Home Remedies for Sunburn cannot undo the damage caused to your skin by the unprotected exposure of the sun rays.
Table of Contents
Best Home Remedies for Sunburn
Below Home Remedies for Sunburn will allow you can get relieve from Sunburn by using the ingredients available in your kitchen. But all these Home Remedies for Sunburn is applicable only for Adults and not for children’s, if a children is affected by sunburn than consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- Place a cloth soaked with cool water or cool compress over the sunburned areas.
- Take a cool baths or shower frequently but avoid applying soap as the soap will dry and irritate the burned skin. (If possible add one cup of white or apple cider vinegar to your bath as it will help to balance the pH of sunburned skin as well as it will boost the healing process.)
- Apply soothing lotions containing Aloe Vera over the sunburned areas. Normally some Aloe Vera lotions contains lidocaine and anesthetic which will help relieve sunburn pain.
- In some cases Sunburn might cause mild fever as well as headache so to get relieve rest in a cool area as well as keep yourself hydrated by drinking water.
- Soak cool milk with a small piece of cotton ball and apply it over the sunburned area as the protein present in the milk will help to relieve the pain or irritation.
- Don’t scratch the sunburned area as its normal to cause an itch, but you can get relieve from itching by applying lotion over the sunburned area.
- Apply fresh brewed cool tea over the sunburned skin using a piece of cotton ball or cloth as the tannic acid present in the tea will draw the heat from the sunburned skin and will also reinstate the pH balance.
- Apply Oil containing Vitamin E over the sunburned area or you can even intake Vitamin E Supplement to decrease infection caused by sunburn.
- As Cucumbers contain natural antioxidant and analgesic properties it is one of the best home remedy for sunburn, keep a round sliced Cucumber piece over the sunburned area or you can even prepare a paste of Cucumber and apply it over the sunburned area.
- Apply yogurt over the sunburned areas and rinse it off with cool water.
- The best way to prevent getting hurt your skin from Sunburn is always use sunscreen, wear clothes which covers your entire body and lastly avoid direct exposure to sun.
If the condition is becoming worse than it is recommended to consult or call the doctor as soon as possible.