Mosquitoes survives by sucking blood from animals and human beings, mosquitoes use their sharp thin mouth which looks like thin needle to inject into skin of animals and human and sucks up the blood. As the bite of the mosquitoes is very small that’s why we don’t feel the pain while it happens, but later on we start itching the skin area where the mosquito have bited up. Sometimes mosquito bites can even cause serious disease like dengue and malaria. So to avoid such serious diseases you will have to get rid of mosquito bites this can be avoided by wearing long sleeves clothes, using Mosquito repellent, using Mosquito Nets while sleeping, and keep the environment clean and hygienic. And to stop the itchiness of the skin after the mosquito have bited up you can follow any of these Natural Home Remedies for Mosquito Bites.
Home Remedies for Mosquito Bites
- Lemon: Cut a fresh lemon into pieces and rub it on your skin where you are feeling itchy due to mosquito bite, this will give you quick relief from itching.
- Baking Soda: Mix two teaspoon of Baking Soda into a cup of water, and dip up a hand towel into the Baking Soda Water and place it on the affected itchy skin where mosquito have bited.
- Onion Garlic: Apply Onion or Garlic paste on the itchy skin area, this will reduce discomfort and itchiness which is caused due to biting of mosquito.
- Salt: Prepare a paste of Salt by adding few drop of water and one tablespoon salt and apply the paste directly on the affected skin area. Salt is another best instant natural remedy for Mosquito Bites as it contains anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is one of the best home remedy for Mosquito Bites as it contains natural antiseptic agent which can help to get instant relief from itchiness, swelling and pain. Just apply the Aloe Vera gel on the skin area where mosquito have bitted.
- Ice: Hold an Ice cube on the affected skin where mosquito have bitted, it will give instant relief from itchiness, swelling and pain.
- Wash: Wash the affected skin area with soap this will stop itchiness and irritation.
- Vinegar: Apply vinegar on the affected skin where the mosquito have bited, this will give you instant relief from itchiness, pain and swelling.
- Toothpaste or mouthwash: You can rub toothpaste or few drops of mouthwash until it gets dry on the affected skin area where mosquito have bited.
- Cold Rub: Apply Cold Rub like Vicks Vaporub on the affected skin area.
- Tea Bag: Place a used tea bag on the skin area where you are feeling itching due to mosquito biting. This will help to reduce itching and will also remove toxins from the affected skin area.
- Potato: Place or rub a piece of potato on the mosquito bitted affected skin area, this will give you relief from pain, swelling and itchiness.
- Banana Skin: Rub the internal banana skin on the skin where mosquito have bited.
- Honey: Apply a drop of Honey on the mosquito bited area of your skin.