High Blood Pressure or Hypertension is a serious health condition which can lead to heart strokes, heart attacks, kidney failure etc. If your blood pressure reading is 140/90 mm Hg or above it is considered as high blood pressure or Hypertension.
If you are one who have been diagnosed with Hypertension you might get worried to take medication to control your blood pressure level, but to control high blood pressure our living lifestyle also plays a vital role in treating it. And if you become successful in controlling your blood pressure levels by following home remedies for high blood pressure and changing your lifestyle you might delay, avoid, or reduce the need of the medication.
Below are some best Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure which you can implement in your life to control your blood pressure level.
Best Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
- Lemons: Consuming lemon helps to keep our blood vessels soft and flexible by removing the rigidity and hence it helps to reduce the blood pressure. Lemons can also lower down the chances of heart failure due to presence of Vitamin C which helps to neutralize the harmful effects of free radicals. Prepare a warm cup of lemon drink by mixing one lemon juice with one cup of water. Drink it daily every morning.
- Garlic: Consuming Garlic helps to relax blood vessels by encouraging the production of hydrogen sulfide and nitric oxide. And this these properties helps to lower down blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Consume raw garlic or cooked garlic daily.
- Celery: Due to presence of phytochemical 3-N-butylphthalide in Celery it helps to control high blood pressure levels. Phthalides helps to relax the muscles in and around arterial walls which in turn creates more space and allows blood to flow without difficulty. Eat Celery daily with one glass of water.
- Watermelon Seeds: Watermelon Seeds contains cucurbocitrin, which helps to promote the widening the blood capillaries. And thus it reduces blood pressure, improves kidney functioning, and also helps with arthritis. Prepare a paste by grinding equal quantity of dried watermelon seeds and poppy seeds, consume this paste twice every morning and evening on empty stomach.
- Onion Juice: Onion Juice helps to lower down blood pressure level due to presence of antioxidant flavonol called quercetin. Consume one medium size raw onion daily, or you can even prepare onion juice and drink it daily.
- Cayenne Pepper: Consuming Cayenne Pepper daily helps to make blood flow smooth by preventing platelets from clumping together and accumulating in the blood.
- Banana: Banana is one fruit which can be consumed daily by high blood pressure patient to control it. As Banana is rich source of potassium it helps to reduce the effect of sodium. Eat one banana daily if you want to control your blood pressure level.
- Honey: Consuming two teaspoons of Honey every morning on empty stomach can help to reduce the blood pressure levels as well as it calms the effect on blood vessels.
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla): Indian Gooseberry or Amla is one of the best home remedy to treat high blood pressure. Mix one tablespoon of Indian Gooseberry Juice with equal amount of honey and drink it every morning on empty stomach.
- Coconut Water: High Blood Pressure patients should keep their body hydrated by drinking enough amount of water. Recommended amount of water intake per day is 8 to 10 glasses, additionally per day you can drink one glass of Coconut Water which will benefit you a lot in lowering down the blood pressure levels due to presence of potassium, Vitamin C and magnesium.
- Boiled Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes: Boiled Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes is an effective home remedy for high blood pressure, due to presence of potassium and magnesium.
- Ginger-Cardamom Tea: Drinking Ginger-Cardamom Tea daily helps to improve blood circulation, as well as makes your heart healthy.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne Pepper works very effectively to control high blood pressure. But as we know Cayenne Pepper is very spicy, you should intake it in very low quantity. You can sprinkle a pinch of Cayenne Pepper on your soup or fruit salad.
- Basil: Basil can help to control blood pressure level, every morning on empty stomach drink fresh Basil juice for taste you can add few drops of honey.
- Eat Vegetables: Eat boiled vegetables like spinach, carrots, and parsley as it plays a major role in lowering down your blood pressure. You can even prepare soup which includes spinach, carrots, and parsley without oil and salt.
- Dark Chocolate: Dark Chocolate contains flavanols that make blood vessels more flexible and hence it helps to lower down the blood pressure level. Have a piece of Dark Chocolate every day to control your blood pressure level.
- Grapefruit: Vitamins present in Grapefruit helps to tone the blood vessels and hence it can use used as an effective home remedy to treat or prevent high blood pressure.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek Seeds is one of the effective kitchen ingredient to lower down high blood pressure. Due to presence of dietary fiber and high potassium content in Fenugreek Seeds it helps to reduce the high blood pressure. Boil one to two teaspoons of Fenugreek Seeds in water and strain it. Put the seeds in a blender and prepare a paste out of it. Eat this Fenugreek Seeds Paste twice a day in morning and evening on empty stomach.
In addition of following these natural home remedies for high blood pressure as part of treatment for high blood pressure, it is very essential to follow your doctor’s medical and dietary advice and have a regular checkups.