Headache is one of the most common mental health related problem which is experienced by every person one day or other. There are three types of Headaches Migraine Headache, Cluster Headache, and tension Headache. Headache can be caused due to various reasons like lack intake of water (dehydration), genetic, abnormal neuron activity, construction of blood vessels, stress, physiologic changes in the brain, etc. To Treat Headache there are several Natural Home Remedies for Headache which can give you instant relief but even though few people still use pain killers instead of taking advantage of Home Remedies for Headache. Below we have few effective Natural Home Remedies for Headache which you can follow when you experience Headache next time.
Home Remedies for Headache
- Ginger: Drink Ginger Tea or you can even chew slices of Ginger or mix one tablespoon of Ginger Juice with one tablespoon of lemon Juice and consume it.
- Mint: Mint contains anti-pruritic and antiseptic properties which can help to give instant relief from headache. Apply mint leaves juice on the forehead.
- Basil: Prepare Basil Tea and drink it, this will give you quick relief from headache, you can even message forehead with basil oil.
- Peppermint Oil: Message the forehead with Peppermint Oil this will help to reduce the headache. You can even inhale by adding Peppermint leaves into hot water.
- Ice: Apply ice pack from neck to forehead until you feel better.
- Lavender Oil: Put few drops of Lavender Oil into hot water and inhale it.
- Hot Water Bath: Taking Hot water bath will instantly relieve the pain caused due to headache.
- Lemon: Mix a lemon juice into a cup of warm water and drink it, this will reduce the headache pain which is caused due to Intestinal Gas.
- Water: Dehydration is a major reason behind headache, so if you are dehydrated it is advised to drink enough water. You will get fast relief from headache after drinking water.
- Betel Leaves: Prepare a paste out of Betel Leaves and apply it over the forehead keep it for at least an hour, you will instantly get relief from headache as it contains cooling and analgesic properties.
- Apple: Cut Apple into slices and sprinkle salt on it, this home remedy is best when you wake up in morning with headache.
- Green Tea: Green Tea is an effective natural remedy for headache as it is rich in antioxidants, boil water and add two tablespoon of green tea then squeeze the juice from Green Tea and then mix lemon juice with the squeezed green tea juice and drink it warm. You can even prepare Green Tea and drink.
- Vaporub: Apply Vaporub on the forehead and message it gently.
- Sandalwood: Prepare a sandalwood paste by adding sandalwood powder and apply it over the forehead, when it completely dries up you can wash it.
All these above Home Remedies for Headache are very effective and can give instant results to get relief from Headache Pain. When Headache hits you can use any of one of these Home Remedies for Headache.