Fever is an act of fighting against infections in our body, fever kills virus and bacteria present in our body because bacteria and infections present in our body can’t bear the heat which fever brings in body. Fever can’t be named as disease but it’s just a symptom of infection which is caused due to a virus or bacteria. However high temperature fever exceeding above 40ºC (104ºF) could be dangerous. Fever can make body condition uncomfortable the person will not feel like eating, drinking and sleeping. In such situation the individual will need proper medication, and rest. Below we have few Home Remedies for Fever which you can implement at Home to get some relief from Fever.
Home Remedies for Fever
- Soak a Hand Towel into cold water or Apple Cider Vinegar squeeze out the excess water or Apple Cider Vinegar from hand towel and place it over forehead till the soaked hand towel becomes warm, and again carry out the same process by dropping the hand towel again into cold water or Apple Cider Vinegar squeeze out the excess water or Apple Cider Vinegar from hand towel and place it over forehead.
- Put raw onion slice into socks and wear it, the onion will help out to draw up the fever out from foot.
- Cut raw Potato into round piece soak it into vinegar, and place it over forehead.
- Have a bath with cool water to get some instant relief from fever, having a bath with cool water will help your body to cool down the high body temperature or else if bath is not possible you can soak a towel into cool water squeeze out the excess water from towel and wipe out your entire body with that wet towel.
- Give yourself a complete bed rest, don’t engage yourself in any work or try to travel outside during fever. Avoid consuming solid or heavy food during fever instead Intake liquid food during fever it could even include soup, juice, water or natural electrolyte drinks.
- Keep yourself hydrated don’t reduce intake of water.
- Avoid consuming any supplements during fever which contains Zinc and Iron as Zinc and Iron can’t be absorbed by our body during fever.
- Prepare a paste by adding Sandalwood powder by mixing few amount of water and apply it on forehead.
- Take 1 Cup of warm Milk add half teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of honey and drink it twice a day.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon in a half cup of warm water and drink it twice a day.
- Prepare a paste out of Garlic Cloves if possible add few drops of coconut oil or olive oil and spread it under your feet.
- Avoid covering yourself with number of blankets and clothes. Covering yourself with number of blankets or clothes will last the fever long, so it’s advisable to wear thin clothing and blankets.
- Boil an apple in a cup of water until it becomes soft and drain the apple water and add few drops of honey, and when it cools down drink it. You can drink apple water twice a day it will give you instant relief from fever.
- Drink Orange Juice or else you can also consume raw orange directly. This will satisfy the deficiency of Vitamin C. It also provides energy and also helps out to flush toxins from body by increasing urine output.
These are only Home Remedies for fever which will help you to get some temporary relief from Fever when you can’t visit doctor during midnight or due to some other reasons etc., but to get complete relief from Fever and also if you are experiencing High Fever it is highly recommended to consult doctor as soon as possible.