Ear Infections are caused due to virus and bacteria present in the ear, however Ear Infections are often seen more in children’s as compared to adults. Few common causes which contributes to cause Ear Infections are upper respiratory infections, wax buildup, environmental allergies, food allergies, syndrome, fetal alcohol genetics, internal injuries and nutritional deficiencies. If you are experiencing pain in the ear, difficulty sleeping, tugging at the ear, poor response to sounds, headache, liquid draining out from the ear, high fever, vomiting, and diarrhea these are few symptoms of Ear Infections. Mostly Ear Infections gets relieved on its own after few days, but if you want to get instant relief from Ear Infection pain and other symptoms you can start treating your ear with Natural Home Remedies for Ear Infection.
Home Remedies for Ear Infection
- Apply Heat: Take a cloth make it warm and place it outside the affected ear for few minutes, keep in mind that cloth is not too hot it should be bearably warm or else you will damage you ear. You can also use a heat pad. Applying light amount of heat will dry up the fluid present in the ear as well as you will get relief from pain and swelling.
- Take Rest: Give yourself enough rest, resting will give you some relief from Ear Infection and Pain as when you rest your body will able to fight against the infections.
- Garlic: Prepare Garlic Oil by frying two smashed Garlic Cloves into mustard or coconut or olive oil, drain the oil and allow it to cool when it is bearably warm you can put two drops of the oil into your affected ear.
- Ear Drops: For Ear Infections and Ear Pain normally Ear Drops gives instant relief, but it is recommended to take doctors consultation before using ear drops.
- Onion: Roast an onion until it becomes soft, allow it to cool down and when it becomes bearable warm just wrap up the onion with a towel and place it above the affected ear. The heat which the roasted onion generates helps the ear infection to relieve faster as it contains anti-microbial properties.
- Basil Leaves: Squeeze off the Basil Leaves until you get juice and apply the Basil juice around the infected ear, avoid the Basil Juice to enter your ear. You can also wipe the affected ear by mixing Basil juice with coconut oil or mustard oil or olive oil.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar with equal amount of water, absorb the solution Apple Cider Vinegar Water with a cotton and place the cotton on the affected ear for few minutes after you remove the cotton drain down the ear by laying down your ear. Apple Cider Vinegar is best home remedy if the ear infection is caused due to fungus. You can also use White Vinegar instead of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Olive Oil: Warm up some amount of Olive Oil and when it becomes bearable warm put few drops of warm olive oil into the affected ear, this will make the wax present in the ear soft and later on you can remove the wax with the help of ear buds. If the infection is caused due to hard wax present in the ear you can use Olive Oil.
- Cinnamon Oil: Mix up few drops of Cinnamon Oil with one tablespoon of Olive Oil, warm up the mixed oil and allow it to come at room temperature when it becomes bearable warm you can use it as ear drops as a Home Remedy for Ear Infection to get instant relief.
These are all few simple Home Remedies for Ear Infection which you can use to get instant relief from Ear Infections. Home Remedies for Ear Infection are instant Ear Pain Reliever which can be used when you are not able to reach doctor for e.g. Earache caused during midnight, if you are in remote area etc. If Ear Infection Pain still persists it is highly recommended to consult doctor to get Ear Infection Treatment.