Diarrhea is a sign of improper functioning of our digestive system, when our digestive system doesn’t functions properly it leads to numerous liquid bowel movements. Diarrhea could be caused due to food poisoning and viral infections, some of the symptoms experienced during occurrence of Diarrhea are slight fever, abdominal pain, and mucus or pus in the stool. Durability of Diarrhea could depend on type of Diarrhea like acute, mild or chronic, so it might take three to four days for the symptoms to get disappear completely.
There are several Home Remedies for Diarrhea with which you can get relief at some extend, so below we have few natural home remedies to stop diarrhea.
Best 10 Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
- Yogurt: Yogurt is one of the effective home remedy to treat diarrhea, but you should intake Yogurt which contains bacterial cultures such as lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium. On Intake of Yogurt which contains bacterial cultures such as lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium helps to reinstate the good bacteria in intestine by generating lactic acid and this terminates the bad bacteria which causes diarrhea. Have at least two bowls of Yogurt per day to get relief from diarrhea.
- Ginger: Ginger is a best home remedy to treat abdominal pains, cramps, food poisoning and diarrhea. Prepare a paste out of small piece of Ginger and mix it with one tablespoon of honey and eat it, this will help to recover digestive system. As an alternative you can also drink ginger tea twice a day.
- Carrot: Carrot also contains pectin which is good thing to relieve diarrhea as it soaks up excess water and gives relief from diarrhea. Drinking Carrot juice twice a day will reload the minerals and vitamins which were lost due to diarrhea as a Carrot Juice alternative you can even eat well cooked carrots or carrot puree twice a day.
- Brown Rice: When you are affected by diarrhea it is recommended to eat brown rice as brown rice contains vitamin B it helps to control symptoms of diarrhea. Cook brown rice until it becomes soft and eat it you can even add banana. Eating soft cooked brown rice will be good for your stomach and will also eliminate toxins from your body and due to presence of pectin in banana it will help to penetrate the surplus water to give relief from diarrhea.
- Liquids: When you have Diarrhea body becomes dehydrated, so to refill or energize yourself you should at least drink eight glasses of water you may even include coconut water or plain soda. Remember at the times of Diarrhea never intake fruit juices, coffee, or any drinks which contains caffeine. You may add 1/4th teaspoon of salt into a glass of water and drink twice a day or even energy drinks which doesn’t contains caffeine which will help to refill the lost vitamins and minerals in your body due to Diarrhea.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: In any home remedy Apple Cider Vinegar is a must and for diarrhea also Apple Cider Vinegar helps to relieve a lot. Apple Cider Vinegar helps to fight against diarrhea caused due to bacteria as well as Apple Cider Vinegar contains pectin which helps to calm annoyed stomach. Mix one tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar into one glass of water and drink it after eve meal until you get relieve from diarrhea as well as symptoms of diarrhea.
- Chamomile Tea: Due to presence of antispasmodic properties in Chamomile it helps to relieve diarrhea as well as several stomach disorders. Drink Chamomile Tea twice a day to get relief from diarrhea.
- Berries: Soup prepared out of dry berries can be a perfect home remedy for diarrhea whether it may be blueberries or blackberries as berries contains antioxidant, antibacterial properties and tannins it helps to treat diarrhea. Alternatively you can also prepare blackberry or blueberry tea and drink it twice a day.
- Black Seed Oil: Black Seed Oil is a natural home remedy for diarrhea as well as several health disorders like asthma, constipation, colic and gas. Intake Black Seed Oil by mixing one teaspoon of Black Seed Oil into Yogurt and eat it twice day.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek Seeds is one of the effective home remedy for diarrhea due to presence of high mucilage content and strong anti-diarrheal agent. You can intake Fenugreek Seeds by mixing one tablespoon of Fenugreek Seeds into bowl of Yogurt and eat it twice a day.
If after following any of these Home Remedies for Diarrhea you are not feeling relieved it is essential to consult doctor to get proper treatment for your condition as these natural home remedies for diarrhea might show different effects depending on person to person or due cause of the diarrhea.