Minor Burns usually damages the top most tissue of the skin and makes the area painful and red and hence Minor Burns is also named as first degree burns, minor burns could be caused due to boiled water or oil, fire, or whenever the skin gets exposed to any type of heat. It is very essential that as soon as your skin gets burned you should get a proper treatment for it, and to treat the burned skin you can use some of the effective Home Remedies for Burns to minimize the pain as well as to promote the healing process, so below we have some of the best home remedies for burns.
Best Home Remedies for Burns
- Water: As soon as when your skin gets burned you should spread cold running water for few minutes on the burned surface of the skin, alternatively you can also place cold compress for few seconds over the burned skin area. Repeat this home remedy after every few hours to relive pain of burned skin.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a painkiller herbal home remedy for burns, Aloe Vera also contains astringent and tissue-healing properties which helps to speed up the healing process of the burns. Clean the burned surface by rinsing with water and apply a small piece of Aloe Vera leaf over the burned surface of the skin even you can apply Aloe Vera Gel directly on the burned skin area.
- Potato: As Raw Potato contains anti-irritating and soothing properties it becomes one of the best home remedy to treat minor skin burns as it will relieve the pain as well as it will reduce risks of causing blisters. Simply cut a potato into slices and place it over the burned skin area make sure that you release potato juice over the affected skin area. It is recommended to use this remedy as soon as your skin gets burned.
- Honey: Honey acts as an effective disinfect for wounds and also helps to heal the burns. You can apply honey on the burned area by applying it on a gauze bandage and place it over the burned surface of the skin.
- Vinegar: Vinegar contains astringent and antiseptic properties which can be very helpful to treat minor (first degree burns) and to prevent infection. Dilute equal amount of vinegar with water and rinse the burned area of the skin with the solution.
- Black Tea: As Black Tea contains tannic acid it helps to pull out the heat from the burn and reduces pain. Keep tea bags in a cup of cool water for few 10 minutes and dab the tea bags softly over the burned skin area.
- Lavender Oil: Lavender essential oil contains antiseptic and painkilling properties so Lavender essential oil can be also used a home remedy to treat burned skin as it will reduce the risk of causing scaring. On the burned skin area you can directly apply the Lavender Oil three times a day in morning, afternoon and before going to bed.
- Egg Whites: Separate the yolk from eggs and apply the egg whites over the burned skin area, this remedy will instantly work and will remove pain from it.
- Onion: As Onion contains sulphur compounds and quercetin it helps to relieve the pain, helps to speed up the healing process, and also reduces risks of causing blistering. Extract the juice from the onion and apply it over the burned skin area.
- Papaya: Papaya can be an the best home remedy to treat skin burns as the enzymes present in the Papaya will help to heal the burned skin and will remove dead cells, just you will have to apply the Papaya Pulp over the affected skin area.