Bleeding Gums condition usually occurs due to poor oral hygiene, infection in gum or other health conditions like vitamin deficiency, scurvy, pregnancy leukemia, taking blood thinners or other medications, mouth sores, etc. During this condition the gums will appear swollen, and the Gums mostly bleed while biting hard raw fruit or while brushing teeth. Some of the symptoms which will help you to identify if you are suffering from bleeding gums are bleeding while brushing teeth or while spitting, bleeding while eating fiber-rich or hard raw fruits or vegetables, bad breath and presence of blood in your saliva. Bleeding Gums might be a sign of some serious oral conditions like leukemia or platelet disorder, and if no proper care is take it could even lead to inflammation of the gums or gingivitis.
So if you are suffering from bleeding gums condition you can easily treat it with Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums and Bad Breath, but with home remedies it is very essential to have a visit with dentist every 6 months to clean the plaque formed on the teeth to prevent gum diseases and other oral health related problems like periodontitis and gingivitis.
Some known Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums and Bad Breath includes consumption of citrus fruits, raw vegetables, milk, baking soda, clove oil, peppermint oil, sage, chamomile tea, calendula leaf tea, saline, and massaging gums. Following these Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums and Bad Breath will give you results within a week by improving your dental condition and bleeding gums with Bad Breath will also be prevented. Below are some effective Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums and Bad Breath to be followed on regular basis to treat gum bleeding and bad breath.
Table of Contents
How to cure bleeding gums and bad breath with Home Remedies for Bleeding Gums and Bad Breath
- Citrus Fruits: The major reason to cause gums bleeding is deficiency of Vitamin C. As Citrus Fruits are rich in Vitamin C it is best to increase the intake of Citrus Fruits like Lemons, Oranges, Grapefruit, Sweet limetta, pomegranate etc. as well as vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, etc. this will prevent gum bleeding by providing sufficient amount of Vitamin C.
- Milk: Milk is a rich source of calcium, which is needed to restore the strength of the gums. So it very essential to drink Milk daily to avoid bleeding gum condition.
- Baking Soda: Apply Baking Soda over the gums with your fingers and keep it for 10 minutes and rinse your mouth with water and spit it. As Baking Soda is acidic it will help to kill the bacteria.
- Peppermint and Sage Oil: Brush your teeth with Peppermint and Sage Oil as it will help to keep your mouth clean and refreshing.
- Raw Vegetables and Fruits: Eat Raw Vegetables and Fruits as it cleans the teeth and encourages blood circulation in gums while chewing raw vegetables and fruits.
- Wheatgrass and Cranberry Juice: Drinking Wheatgrass and Cranberry Juice gives relief from bleeding gums. Wheatgrass and Cranberry Juice contains antibacterial properties which helps to clean the bacteria.
- Clove Oil: Clove was used to treat various oral problems from ancient times. And Clove also helps to treat bleeding gum condition as well as bad breath apply Clove Oil over the gums daily, or you can even chew a clove slowly.
- Saline: Take a pitcher of lukewarm water, add one pinch of salt and stir it. Gargle the mixture prepared daily after brushing your teeth. This will restore strength of the gums and will also prevent gum bleeding.
- Chamomile and Calendula Leaf Tea: Prepare a Chamomile and Calendula Leaf Tea and drink it daily it will give you relief from bleeding gums.
- Massage: After brushing teeth gently massage your gums with your fingers, this will promote the blood circulation which will strengthen the gum and prevent bleeding gum condition.
- Avoid Smoking: Smoking increases the growth of bacteria which promotes to cause bleeding gums so it is recommended to avoid smoking.
- Avoid Fatty and Spicy Foods: Consuming Fatty and Spicy Foods gets deposited in the teeth cavities which provides food source to the microbes. Which later on results to cause bleeding gums or even gingivitis if you are suffering from gum bleeding condition. So it is better to avoid such food as much as possible.
- Lemon Mouth Wash: As lemon is rich source of Vitamin C it helps to keep gums healthy. Extract juice from lemon and mix it with one glass of lukewarm water. And rinse your mouth after having meals. It will give relief from bleeding gums as well as keep your mouth fresh and free from bad breath.
- Mouth Wash and Flossing: Rinsing Mouth with Mouth Wash and Flossing should be done daily to prevent plaque deposition. It will keep your mouth fresh and will help to remove bad breath.