To gain weight with training a healthy diet is a must and the diet should include foods which will help to you to gain weight fast. So if you are planning to gain weight and muscles in a healthy manner it is very essential to include a healthy food items in your daily diet which will boost your muscle building and weight gaining process.
Some people focus only on training and they neglect to include a healthy nutrition in their diet to gain weight, and because of this they fail to gain weight as well as they waste their precious time and efforts.
So to help you to build muscles and gain weight we have arranged a list of Foods which will help you to Gain Weight Fast.
Table of Contents
Healthy Foods to Eat to Gain Weight/ Muscle Mass and Strength
- Skinless Chicken: Chicken is also a rich source of protein which is essential to gain muscle.
- Turkey: White meat of Turkey is one of the leanest meat and can be used as an alternative of chicken. Get cuts of whole turkey and if suppose you turn to deli meat please be confirmed that it’s low in sodium, free from nasty preservatives and extra lean.
- Eggs: Eggs are high in protein and other nutrients like amino acids, Vitamin D, Choline, and fat.
- Fish: Fish are rich source of protein, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, and low in fat. The Omega 3 Fatty Acids present in fish is good for our health as well as it promotes fat loss and helps in proper functioning of body.
- Shrimp: Shrimp is a best source of lean protein and fat free which makes it a perfect Healthy Foods to Gain Weight and Muscle.
- Lean Beef: If you want to boost the muscle building process in your body including Lean Beef in your diet is a must, as Lean Beef promotes muscle growth. Lean Beef provides important nutrients like Zinc, Iron, Vitamin B, high quality Protein, and Amino Acids which stimulates muscle building process.
- Oats: Oats are source of carbs due to low glycemic index. The carbs in oats helps in muscle building which will help you in gaining weight.
- Whole Grains: Whole Grains gets digested perfectly and also provides maximum nutrients which promotes energy levels in the body as well as stimulates muscle growth, strength gain and fat loss.
- Brown Rice: A cooked bowl of Brown Rice contains five grams of protein as well as it contains high amount of branched-chain amino acids. Due to such properties in Brown Rice it helps in building muscle and weight gain and it becomes one of the Healthy Foods to Gain Weight and Muscle.
- Lentils: Lentils helps effectively in building muscle as one bowl of cooked lentils contains approx. 18 grams of protein and 40 grams of slow-digesting carbohydrates.
- Whey Protein: Whey Protein is a must supplement in body building process, as it provides protein which helps to boost muscle growth. It is best to consume Whey Protein after workout.
- Cottage Cheese: Cottage Cheese contains casein protein which is slow-digesting protein, it helps to speed up the muscle mass building process. Cottage Cheese also provides Calcium, Vitamin B12 and other nutrients which is very essential. It is recommended that you buy a low fat or zero fat Cottage Cheese from store.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Fruits and Vegetables are rich source of antioxidants which are important for proper functioning of immune system. As well as Fruits and Vegetables provides essential nutrients like Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and Beta Carotene. The fiber present in Fruits and Vegetables helps to flush out the toxins from body.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas is a best source of carb as it can be consumed any time due to its portableness. If you are having trouble in carrying rice and grain you can replace some quantity with Chickpeas. Chickpeas contains 45 grams of slow-acting carbs per cup along with 12 grams of fiber.
- Good Fats: While building muscle you should remember that you should always consume good fats like as Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated Fats which is good for your health as well as in muscle growth process. You can get Polyunsaturated and Monounsaturated Fats in food items like fish, leafy vegetables, oils like avocados, flaxseed etc.
- Nuts: Nuts are a must to gain muscle as it contains protein, fiber and fats which allows your body to get extra calories on consuming. Eat Almonds, Walnuts, Cashew Nuts, and Peanuts etc. daily. One Ounce of Cashew or Almonds contains about 150 to 170 high quality calories which makes it visible in this list of Healthy Foods to Gain Weight and Muscle.
- Milk: If you are not concerned of gaining some fat you can drink whole milk or else drink skimmed milk.
- Plain Greek Yogurt: Plain Greek Yogurt is rich source of protein and contains gut-bacteria boosting probiotics than the regular version.