Groundnuts are also known as Peanuts. Groundnuts or Peanuts are crunchy, delicious and nutty usually they are consumed as a snacks as well as in the form of oil or peanut butter. Delicious Groundnuts kernels are enriched with many nutrients which adds benefits to our health. So what are the various health benefits of Groundnuts or Peanuts? You will know by reading below facts.
Table of Contents
Health Benefits of Groundnuts or Peanuts
- Rich Source of Energy: Peanuts or Groundnuts contains vitamins, nutrients, anti-oxidants and minerals and that’s the reason of Groundnuts being rich source of energy.
- Protein: Groundnuts and rich source of proteins and amino acids which works best for proper development and growth of body.
- Cholesterol: Eating Groundnuts daily will lower down bad cholesterol and will increase the good cholesterol in the body as Groundnuts contains mono-unsaturated fatty acids specially oleic acid which prevents coronary diseases.
- Fights against Nerves Diseases, Heart Diseases, Infections and Alzheimer’s disease: Poly-phenolic anti-oxidant and Resveratrol present in groundnuts prevents cancers, nervous disease, heart disease, fungal, and viral infections.
- Fights against Stomach Cancer: As Poly-phenolic anti-oxidants are present in Groundnuts in high amounts. P-Coumaric Acid present in the Groundnuts reduces the productions of carcinogenic nitrous-amines which later on reduces the risk of causing stomach cancer.
- Reduces risks of Stroke: Anti-oxidant and Resveratrol properties present in Groundnuts reduces the risks of heart stroke by increasing the production of nitric oxide.
- Anti-oxidants: Groundnuts contains Anti-oxidants in high quantities but these Anti-oxidants becomes more active only when groundnuts are boiled. Anti-oxidants present in groundnuts helps to reduce the damage done by free radicals produced in the body.
- Rich Source of Vitamins: Groundnuts are rich source of vitamins and it contains B complex, pantothenic acid and vitamins like vitamin B6, vitamin B9, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin etc.
- Skin Benefit: Vitamin E present in groundnuts helps in maintaining the integrity of cells like mucous membrane and skin which protects it from free radicals which can cause damage.
- Gallstones: Making a habit of eating daily Groundnuts or peanut butter can reduce the risks from causing Gallstones or gallbladder diseases.
- Minerals: Groundnuts includes minerals such as Potassium, calcium, manganese, iron, copper, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
- Fights against Depression or Stress: Tryptophan present in groundnuts releases the chemical called serotonin which is one of the main brain chemicals which is involved in mood regulation and this helps to fight against Depression.
- Reduces risks of Gaining Weight: Consuming groundnut or peanut butter daily in the morning along with bread slices will definitely reduce risks of gaining weight.
- Colon Cancer: Eating peanut butter daily can reduce the risks of causing colon cancer up to 58% in women and 27% in men.
- Controls Blood Sugar: Manganese present in peanuts or groundnut helps to absorb calcium, carbohydrates, fats, and also regulates the sugar level in the body.
Also Read: Health Benefits of Eating Kiwi Fruit
All these where Health Benefits of Groundnuts, so all we can say making a habit of consuming groundnuts daily in any way for e.g. Two tablespoons of peanut butter can help to keep yourself away from various diseases and stay fit and healthy.