Ginger is one of the widely used spice in cooking to prepare various dishes, ginger improves the taste of the dish as well as it gives some spicy flavor. Mostly many of us are only aware about one truth of Ginger that is it improves taste of the food but excluding it there are several health benefits of Ginger, ginger can be used as a medicine to treat and prevent various health related problems and conditions.
From the ancient times ginger has been used to treat various health related problems and conditions due to presence of strong therapeutic, and preventive effects as well as anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, and anti-emetic properties. Ginger is also a good source of Vitamins A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, B-complex, phosphorus, magnesium, silicon, potassium, zinc, sodium, iron, beta-carotene and calcium which makes it best friend of our health.
Best Health Benefits of Ginger
So to make you people aware about various Health Benefits of Ginger below we have several benefits of Ginger which it contributes to our health.
- Blood Circulation: As Ginger contains chromium, magnesium and zinc it helps to improve the blood flow as well as it prevents fever, excess sweating and chills.
- Remedy for Nausea: Ginger is an effective home remedy to treat nausea related to motion sickness. Intake 1/4 teaspoon of Ginger Powder to get some relieve from nausea or else you can even chew a chopped ginger piece.
- Respiratory Problems: Ginger is one of the effective home remedy to treat common respiratory disease like cough as ginger helps to expand the lungs and eases up phlegm.
- Colon Cancer: Consumption of ginger by colon cancer patients helps to slow down the growth of colorectal cancer cells due to presence of high levels of antioxidants in Ginger.
- Painkiller: Ginger acts as painkiller as it contains anti-inflammatory substances which helps to eliminate the pain, ginger is one of the natural painkiller medicine.
- Diabetes: Ginger manages diabetes by lowering down the blood sugar level as well as it increases the effectiveness of diabetes medication and insulin’s, in fact it is recommended to drink one warm glass of ginger water in the morning to regulate the blood sugar levels.
- Boosts Immunity: Consumption of Ginger improves and boosts the immunity as well as it helps to fight against bacterial infections in stomach, throat irritation and cough.
- Cold and Flu: Ginger is a traditional natural medicine used to treat colds and flu. Put chopped ginger pieces into a cup of hot water and drink it twice a day.
- Stress Relieve: A cup of Ginger Tea will calm down your stress and tension due to its healing properties and strong flavor.
- Eliminates Morning Sickness: Regular consumption of ginger eliminates stomach flu and morning sickness.
Also read: Health Benefits of Turmeric
All these are Health Benefits of Ginger but consumption of Ginger depends on every individual some might include ginger in their daily cooking, some might drink ginger tea, and some might eat chopped ginger by dipping it into honey this is usually done for cough.