It is been said that eating an apple a day keeps you away from doctor. And that saying has been proved true as apple has many health benefits which you can know by reading below various Health Benefits of eating Apples.
Best Health Benefits of Apples
- Maintains Oral Health: Eating Apple daily reduces tooth decay by lowering down the levels of bacteria as chewing or biting an apple encourages production of saliva.
- Healthy Heart: Eating an apple daily promotes high soluble fiber intake which results in lowering the buildup of cholesterol rich plaque in arteries and thus keeps you heart healthier.
- Decreases risk of diabetes: An individual eating an apple daily are 28% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who don’t eat apples.
- Defeats diarrhea and constipation: Fibers found in apples helps to pull water out of colon and absorbs the excess water from the stool which slows down the bowels.
- Detoxifies Liver: In a day we consume lots of toxins in the form of drinks and food, and our liver is responsible to clear out these toxins from our body. An apple a day helps our body to detoxify the liver.
- Prevents Gallstones: Gallstones is formed due to excess levels of cholesterol in bile. So to prevent Gallstones doctors highly recommend to intake diet rich in fiber which helps to control weight as well as cholesterol levels.
- Reduces Cholesterol Levels: The soluble fibers which are found in apples binds with the fats present in the intestine and thus lowers down the cholesterol levels.
- Controls Weight: Overweight is a major symptoms of causing various diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and sleep apnea. So to control your weight you should intake diet rich in fibers which helps to fill up your stomach without costing you many calories.
- Boosts Immunity: Eating an apple a day helps to boost your immune system as apples contains an antioxidant called quercetin.
- Anemia: As apples are rich source of iron it helps to treat anemia. Increase in intake of iron helps to increase the amount of hemoglobin in the body and thus prevents anemia as well as it helps in proper functioning of essential organs.