With the holiday season around the corner, all that you can think of is how to drop those pounds swiftly. The clock is quickly ticking by and you are eagerly eyeing that little LBD, hoping to fit into it when the day comes. Adopt these quick fix easy tweaks to ditch that fat and glide into that favourite dress smoothly.
- Make your happy hour into a healthy hour: After a hectic day’s work, you might be looking to round up your besties to unwind at your favourite joint. During such times, you tend to mindlessly opt for deep-fried and calorie laden snacks. A healthier option is to encourage your friends to come along with you for a brisk walk or run around local track, as that cannot only help you to connect with nature but also feel rejuvenated after a lengthy day. What’s more encouraging is that you will discover fat melting into muscle as you adopt this daily routine in your day-to-day life.
- Fire up your mind: Filling your music player or smart phone with invigorating remixes and jams can help you to look forward to hit the gym. Listening to energizing music can help in renewing your mind and aid you in picking up speed on the elliptical. You will realize in the long run that as you get engrossed in your music your workouts will become longer as you are interested in hearing out the entire playlist. An intense workout with vigour and foot tapping music can help you to shed those pounds and give you killer legs.
- Load on the veggies: By piling on the vegetables to foods that you love, you would realize that you no longer have the room to gorge on crisps or sugar filled deserts. For example, pile your pizza with green, red, yellow bell peppers and arugula instead of pepperoni and say goodbye to 3 dress sizes!
- Run to lose stubborn fat: Are you eyeing to fit into your skinny jeans once again? Begin by running at least 20 min a day, even if it means running during your lunch hour. In a month you would have lost over 10 pounds, gained loads of energy and would have unwittingly completed your first 5K. As for those skinny jeans, they might be just too big for you now.
- Kill it with yoga and Pilates: The next big thing to a healthy diet and a regular fitness regime is to introduce yoga or Pilates in your day. To get in touch with your hunger cues and to help you to eat more intuitively while stopping you to eat when you are full, try practicing yoga or Pilates several times a week. You’ll notice you would have gone down a couple of sizes as you watch the cellulite disappear.
- Do something brave: To get out of the daily rigmarole, try spicing up with something new and brave. Some fitness techniques that blend and intense cardio workout with fun dance-moves is Zumba that can be a huge boost in toning up muscles, particularly around the abs and the legs. Most people who have opted for this interesting dance fitness program have reported tremendous weight loss in a short span of time.
- Refrain from super sizing it: Most people opt to go for the large size value meal when choosing fast food. A better way of satisfying your craving is by ordering just a single item that is a small portion of fries or six pieces portion of chicken nuggets. By doing that you would have helped in shaving off over 15 in a matter of weeks while staying on track to becoming fitter for that dress that you are eyeing.